Social media has a powerful impact on your audience. With the average person spending two hours each day using sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, it is safe to say that every business has the chance to stand out above the competition when using these platforms to their advantage. Just what type of impact does social media have on the world? Take a look at these statistics to gain a better understanding of social media and why it is important that you are a part of the fun.
- The average person uses 7.6 social media platforms.
- Customers aged 55- 64 are more than twice as likely to conduct business via social media than others.
- Facebook is the most popular social media site around, with more than 300 million active users every day.
- Around three billion pieces of content is shared amongst social media sites every single day.
- Instagram is the second most popular social media site used today.
- More users under the age of 30 use Instagram than any other age bracket.
- Instagram is a Facebook owned company.
- Most Twitter users expect a brand to respond to their message within two hours. You better be on your Ps and Qs!
- 49% of all social media users share content they find on these platforms.
- YouTube is the most popular video sharing social media network in the world.
- It is free to make an account on social media platforms.
- 86% of all social media account holders follow at least one brand or company.
- The U.S. and Brazil have more Facebook users than any other country, although users from across the globe can use the site.
- Instagram has a 79% conversion rate.
- Facebook brings in 41% of all web traffic.
- People view 8 billion videos on Facebook every day.
- You can find many ways to attract new people to your accounts. You should always create quality content and make sure that it is original and engaging.
- The option to buy Insta likes is also available. This low cost purchase helps you bump your numbers and get seen by more people.
- Instagram Stories gains more views than traditional posts.
- The average person spends 40-minutes on YouTube each session.
- An average of 200 billion tweets are made on Twitter each year.
- More than five million brands market their company using social media.
Social media is a great place to be if you are a business who is ready to take your brand to the next level. It doesn’t matter what type of products and services you offer the world. Social media can do great things for your brand.
If the facts above aren’t enough to persuade you to make the leap and experience the great things that come with it, then what will? It is time to get out there and use these platforms for all they’re worth. It doesn’t matter which platforms you choose to use, although it is important to use those that provide the best results to get ahead.